Technical Project Manager
What We’re About at Smart Solutions
Smart Solutions is the largest privately owned, local IT consulting firm in Madison, WI servicing the surrounding area for over 20 years! We are dedicated to cultivating quality, happy, and engaged people. At Smart Solutions, we can help you build your career, find a job to fit your lifestyle, and help develop your soft skills through our Plus Program. We appreciate our people and believe in building personal, transparent, and authentic relationships with both consultants and clients.
Our Smart Benefits for You
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee-oriented company culture
- Plus Program for developing soft skills
- And More!
About the Role
Are you a Project Manager interested in hitting the ground running and excited to “own” projects from start to finish? We are in search of a Technical Project Manager ready to join our client’s team in Madison, WI. As a Project Manager, you will coordinate and manage projects across multiple teams, communicate and be transparent to stakeholders, and see that projects are implemented successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure successful implementation of projects working alongside software engineers
- Utilize appropriate resources to create and manage plans detailing technical solutions for hand-off
- Facilitate meetings, track issues, take notes, and monitor project process to meet deadlines
- Assemble teams and gather deliverables
- Escalate changes, as needed, to management
Experience and Qualifications You’ll Need to be Successful in this Role
- 5-7 years of Software Engineering experience including software development
- Agile experience helpful
- PMP certified preferred or relevant PM training
- Atlassian suite experience helpful
- Java or other object-oriented language proficiency
- Service-oriented architecture knowledge
- Familiar with a version control system
- Able to troubleshoot large-scale production systems including communicate long/short-term solutions
- Excellent organization, analytical, problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical jargon to a non-technical member
If interested, please apply now! If you’re a match, one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch! Is the position not exactly what you’re looking for? Send us your resume anyways at email@example.com and we’ll help you find a job you’ll love! Psst! We also offer a generous referral bonus if you send a talented IT professional our way! See details on our website.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.