Site Reliability Engineer
What We’re About at Smart Solutions
Smart Solutions is the largest privately owned, local IT consulting firm in Madison, WI servicing the surrounding area for over 20 years! We are dedicated to cultivating quality, happy, and engaged people. At Smart Solutions, we can help you build your career, find a job to fit your lifestyle, and help develop your soft skills through our Plus Program. We appreciate our people and believe in building personal, transparent, and authentic relationships with both consultants and clients.
We are seeking a dedicated Application Reliability Engineer to monitor and secure site and critical services for our client in Madison, WI. You have a passion for building reliable infrastructure and tools and automating processes. This role is a cross with development and system administration.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Automate manual processes
- Work with various teams to ensure applications are optimally working
- Analyze and optimize system utilization
- Ensure a robust production environment by identifying and developing monitoring, alerting, and dashboards
Who We Think Will be a Great Fit
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software engineering / development / system administration
- Configuration management experience with Chef, Puppet
- Knowledgeable in monitoring, logging, alerting, and security
- Proficient in Python or other high-level script languages and script environments like bash
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and points of failure
- Solid automation experience
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Excellent organization, analytical, problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply now! If you’re a match, one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch. Is the position not exactly what you’re looking for? Send us your resume anyways at email@example.com and we’ll help you find a job you’ll love! Psst! We also offer a generous referral bonus if you send a talented IT professional our way! See details on our website.
Our Smart Benefits for You
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee-oriented company culture
- Plus Program for developing soft skills
- And More!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.