Python Software Engineer
What We’re About at Smart Solutions
Smart Solutions is the largest privately owned, local IT consulting firm in Madison, WI servicing the surrounding area for over 20 years! We are dedicated to cultivating quality, happy, and engaged people. At Smart Solutions, we can help you build your career, find a job to fit your lifestyle, and help develop your soft skills through our Plus Program. We appreciate our people and believe in building personal, transparent, and authentic relationships with both consultants and clients.
Do you have the skills we need? We are looking for an experienced Python Software Engineer to manage data between software and third-party applications. In this role, you will develop server-side logic and integrate with various APIs. Additionally, you will also integrate front-end elements into the application, so a solid understanding of front-end technologies is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities within this Opportunity
- Write reusable, testable code
- Design and implement high-availability and performant applications
- Integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Implement security and data protection
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Work directly with third party vendors
Who We Think Will be a Great Fit
We are looking for someone who meets the following:
- Expert in Python 3, with extensive knowledge of Django and Django REST Framework
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, etc.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Excellent organization, analytical, problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply now! If you’re a match, one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch. Is the position not exactly what you’re looking for? Send us your resume anyways at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you find a job you’ll love! Psst! We also offer a generous referral bonus if you send a talented IT professional our way! See details on our website.
Our Smart Benefits for You
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee-oriented company culture
- Plus Program for developing soft skills
- And More!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.