We are seeking an internally driven Recruiter with excellent people skills and 1-5 years of recruiting experience. Join our fun, good-natured, hard-working, people-first culture while ensuring a positive candidate experience.
What We’re About at Smart Solutions
Smart Solutions is the largest privately owned, local IT consulting firm in Madison, WI servicing the surrounding area for over 20 years! We are dedicated to cultivating quality, happy, and engaged people. We appreciate our people and believe in building personal, transparent, and authentic relationships with both employees and customers.
Learn more about us and what we can do for you at www.smart-solutions.com .
Our Smart Benefits for You
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee-oriented company culture
- Profit Sharing
- And More!
What You'll Be Doing:
Primary responsibilities will include contacting, screening and assisting in the placement of qualified candidates at client sites. Responsible for locating, interviewing, evaluating, and referring applicants for a wide range of positions. Considerable skill in interviewing techniques, good knowledge of Information Technology, a basic understanding of corporate culture and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Analyze the information provided on a prospective employee's application form, conduct a personal interview. Determine the suitability of the applicant for employment. In cases where an applicant is judged unqualified, tactfully turn the applicant away. Performs further background reference investigation, i.e., prior employment references, transcripts, etc. to gain adequate information on which to base a selection decision. Take into consideration previous experience, education, etc.
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Writes and places job advertising in various media
- Search for candidates using LinkedIn, social media, job boards, the Smart database, and online resources
- Evaluate resumes, contact candidates and manage candidate pipeline
- Attend meetups, user groups, and business events to learn about the local market and recruit new candidates
- Solicit referrals
- Reformat and proofread resumes
- Negotiate compensation
- Write cover letters
- Submit candidates who meet high-quality standards to Account Managers
- Interview and evaluate candidates
- Prepare candidates for client interviews
- Lead Recruiting standup meetings
- Setup technical screens
- Attend employee lunches and company events
- Participate in knowledge sharing and best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Not easily overwhelmed or flustered working in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse set of people
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to work under pressure without extensive supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A love of people, self-confidence and a good sense of humor
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
- Ability to build strong relationships and positively influence candidates and clients
- Able to accurately document information
If you're ready for a fun, new opportunity, please send us your resume to email@example.com with the job role as the subject.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.