What We’re About at Smart Solutions
Smart Solutions is the largest privately owned, local IT consulting firm in Madison, WI servicing the surrounding area for over 20 years! We are dedicated to cultivating quality, happy, and engaged people. At Smart Solutions, we can help you build your career, find a job to fit your lifestyle, and help develop your soft skills through our Plus Program. We appreciate our people and believe in building personal, transparent, and authentic relationships with both consultants and clients.
We are in search of a Desktop Engineer ready for an exciting opportunity supporting production and project work for our client in Madison, WI. If you enjoy ensuring customer satisfaction, are willing to go the extra mile, and can efficiently manage your time, this might the role for you! You are the go-to technician for computer hardware and software needs and troubleshoot/solve a variety of technical challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities within this Opportunity
- Perform coverage duties for Help Desk; respond to inquiries, triage tickets, etc.
- Coordinate and execute technology moves and support staff across multiple locations
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support
- Deliver technical training to staff
- Lead small to mid-sized technical projects following project management methodologies
- Install and deploy computers, peripherals, etc.
- Create, test, and deploy using Windows Deployment Server or other deployment tools
- Maintain inventory of company technology assets
Who We Think Will be a Great Fit
- Associate’s degree in IT, CS, or related field
- 2+ years hands-on experience with endpoint device support and support/troubleshooting of: Windows OS through Windows 10, Apple iPhones/iPads, computer peripherals, audio/visual technologies, MS Office suite, help desk ticketing systems, MacOS, etc.
- Passion for IT and learning
- Excellent organization, analytical, problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply now! If you’re a match, one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch. Is the position not exactly what you’re looking for? Send us your resume anyways at email@example.com and we’ll help you find a job you’ll love! Psst! We also offer a generous referral bonus if you send a talented IT professional our way! See details on our website.
Our Smart Benefits for You
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee-oriented company culture
- Plus Program for developing soft skills
- And More!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.