Application and Infrastructure Engineer
What We’re About at Smart Solutions
Smart Solutions is the largest privately owned, local IT consulting firm in Madison, WI servicing the surrounding area for over 20 years! We are dedicated to cultivating quality, happy, and engaged people. At Smart Solutions, we can help you build your career, find a job to fit your lifestyle, and help develop your soft skills through our Plus Program. We appreciate our people and believe in building personal, transparent, and authentic relationships with both consultants and clients.
We are in search of an Application and Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer in Madison, WI. This engineer will deliver and support large-scale network, system, application, service, and business activity monitoring solutions.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Support application monitoring for .Net, Java, SaaS, AWS, and other application architectures
- Monitor the responsiveness of websites and web applications
- Monitor infrastructure component
- Provide deep visibility into cloud and hybrid applications performance
- Support the efforts for Dynatrace App Configuration and Dynatrace platform and CA UMI and CA APM platform implementations
- Implement application monitoring, synthetic and real user monitoring solutions
- Develop processes to monitor and alert for critical business transactions and applications to catch an issue
- Collaborate with all relevant IT resources to develop preventive measures and automated remediation of production issues
- Document information such as configuration, installation and user guides
- Develop and implement integrations between Dynatrace and other tools (ServiceNow)
- Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and reporting methods
Who We Think Will be a Great Fit
- 4+ years of experience analyzing applications and infrastructure
- Experience with DynaTrace, Splunk
- Knowledgeable in application monitoring best practices
- Linux, Unix, Windows, and VMware experience
- Experience with application performance management technologies and server/app monitoring components
- JBoss and Tomcat experience or other middleware technologies
- Experience with Perl, Java, and Python, or other scripting languages
- SOAP, REST, and web services experience or similar
- Understands relational and non-relational databases – Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Configuration management and change management experience
- Excellent organization, analytical, problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply now! If you’re a match, one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch. Is the position not exactly what you’re looking for? Send us your resume anyways at email@example.com and we’ll help you find a job you’ll love! Psst! We also offer a generous referral bonus if you send a talented IT professional our way! See details on our website.
Our Smart Benefits for You
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee-oriented company culture
- Plus Program for developing soft skills
- And More!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.