Software Engineer, Backend
About the Job
Are you a Software Engineer? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with independence and the ability to see your work directly impact the customer? If you answered 'yes', we have a very exciting opportunity!
About this Role
Smart Solutions is in search of a Backend Java Engineer to join our client's team in Madison, WI. If you have an innovative mind and a passion for what you do, you may fit our opening! In this role, you will have the ability to question and function outside the box in a flexible and casual work environment.
- Complete Benefits Package (401k, Medical, dental, and vision)
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Did we mention you can bring your dog to work!
What You Can Expect to Do
- Connect services that talk to their mobile applications
- Support backend systems and internal web apps
- Resolve issues and translate solutions into code
- Architectural design and implementation of services
- Deliver high-quality product via involvement in SDLC
- Drive projects from conceptualization to successful deployment
- Provide support and maintenance of projects, systems, and services
What Will Make You Our Most Qualified Candidate
- Junior- or Senior-level Java software engineer with an understanding of service-oriented architecture (anther proficiency in an object-oriented language is okay)
- Knowledge of GIT or another version control system
- Ability to explain short- and long-term solutions and tradeoffs to large-scale production system issues
- Other helpful experience and knowledge include: MongoDB/MySQL/other relational databases, developing on AWS, test writing/quality assurance, and a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematical field
- Able to work across and within departments as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written including the ability to communicate to non-technical teams
If interested, please submit your resume. If you're a match, one of our talented recruiters will be in touch! Is the position not hitting the mark or isn't exactly what you're looking for? Send us your resume anyways at careers@smart-solutions.Com and we'll help you find a job you'll love! (Psst, we also offer a generous referral bonus if you send a successful IT professional our way! See details on our website at www.Smart-solutions.Com.)
Smart Solutions, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. Are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor currently.