Information Security Consultant
About this Role
Smart Solutions is in search of an Information Security Consultant to join our client s team in Madison, WI. You would be responsible for implementing and maintaining security infrastructure and software in alignment with the regulatory and compliance requirements. In addition, you would manage vulnerability, endpoint protection, and monitor technology and change work access across various platforms.
What We re About at Smart Solutions
Smart Solutions is an IT consulting firm local to Madison, WI. We have been helping great people find great jobs for over 20 years! At Smart Solutions, our mission is to cultivate quality, happy, and engaged people. We can help you build your career, find a job to fit your lifestyle, and help you develop your soft skills through our Smart Solutions Plus Program. We appreciate our people and believe in building personal, transparent, and authentic relationships with both consultants and clients. Learn more about us and what we can do for you at www.Smart-solutions.Com.
Our Smart Benefits for You
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long-Term-Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee-oriented company culture
- Smart Plus Program to develop your interpersonal and soft skills
- And More!
Your Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and evaluate information security practices, identify opportunities for improvement and act on key issues that may impede information security from maintaining process integrity
- Measure compliance against minimum security baselines using a combination of manual and automated methods; work with application and server teams to remediate identified gaps
- Preform vulnerability assessments including penetration testing and firewall reviews
- Provide risk assessment and analysis by identifying and mitigating potential threats
- Collaborate with architecture, engineering, and operations to tightly integrate real time security monitoring
- Ensure adherence and compliance to information security practices, customer service principals, and service level agreements
- Select and analyze security products to determine the viability and quality of the product and ensure it meets business requirements
Experience and Qualifications, You Will Need to be Successful
- Experience in documenting and managing security or regulatory requirements
- Experience with DLP platforms and ability to create repeatable processes
- Skills in Symantec products (SEP, VIP, MSSP, DLP)
- Monitoring Azure/Office365
- Program languages Powershell and Python
- Strong analytical skills, a critical mind-set, and the ability to work independently
- Ability to identify and prioritize gaps to contribute to the development and maintenance of IT security risk and/or control framework.
If interested, please submit your resume to: Exl_SMSolutions+Team+Resumes+Req-8292@mail1.Cbizsoft.Com (we'll get your resume!) If you're a match, one of our talented recruiters will be in touch!
Is the position not hitting the mark or isn't exactly what you're looking for? Send us your resume anyways at careers@smart-solutions.Com and we'll help you find a job you'll love! (Psst, we also offer a generous referral bonus if you send a successful IT professional our way! See details on our website at www.Smart-solutions.Com.)
Smart Solutions, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. Are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor currently.